Challenging Challenge #56
This week “the Diva” gave us the challenge to use our non-dominant hand to create a zentangle. Her name for the challenge is “Non Dominatrix* v.2” because it is the second time she has issued this challenge (the first being challenge #13). Since I am behind with the previous challenges, this was the first time I did this. Other than being a true challenge, I learned several things:
- this forces me to slow WAY down,
- my natural tendency for perfectionism caused me to “thicken” my lines to take out the wobbliness,
- it is much easier drawing right to left since my left hand is my non-dominant hand (not the way I typically draw),
- I rotate the tile much more (although I did not allow myself to actually move the tile to do the drawing),
- I used much lighter pressure on the pen, but
- I had a much tighter grip on the pen.
Here is my result…
Patterns used: Mooka, Crescent Moon, Knightsbridge, Msst, Nipa and the pattern I drew first, based on a building in London known as “the Gherkin”. I’m taking my boys to England over spring break so I have been spending a lot of time looking at all things London.